Are you an experienced teaching artist looking to teach older adults?
Lifetime Arts, Inc. is preparing to hold its quarterly Creative Aging Roster Panel Review. We are calling on professional teaching artists to submit applications to be listed on the Creative Aging Roster, featured at www.lifetimearts.org. Applications are accepted year round and reviewed quarterly. For the upcoming Fall review, applications are due August 12th, by 5:00 pm.
What is the Creative Aging Roster?
A free online directory of professional teaching artists and organizations, across all art disciplines – peer vetted and qualified to design and deliver instructional arts programs for older adults. Searchable by arts discipline, geographic location and languages spoken, the Roster is available to anyone to search for and engage teaching artists for creative aging programs.
To learn more about The Roster, click here.
To learn more about Creative Aging, click here.
Guidelines + How to Apply
An ideal candidate possesses;
- Professional experience as an artist
- Proven teaching experience in delivering sequential arts instruction
- The ability to create curricula for older adults
Only those with the above qualifications are invited to apply.
- Complete your online Teaching Artist Profile.
- Attach the following documents in a single e-mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Creative Aging Roster Application – YOUR NAME”
- Artist CV – two (2) page maximum, summary of your skills, experience and education as a professional artist.
- Teaching Resume – two (2) page maximum, summary of your skills, experience and education as a teacher.
- Sample Project Outline – two (2) page maximum, lesson plan outline for an 8 – 10 session instructional residency for older adults (55+). Include:
- sequential learning goals
- a brief description of activities
- what art-making skills will be taught
- how you will promote social engagement
- a brief description of a culminating/sharing event
- Two Professional References – Include references who are familiar with your work as a teaching artist. Please do not send letters of recommendation. References will be contacted directly. For each reference, please provide:
- email address
- telephone number
Please contact Nathan Majoros at 914-355-2304 or email@example.com.
Please note: Artists listed on the Roster are not employees of Lifetime Arts, Inc., and Lifetime Arts, Inc. assumes no responsibility for their individual performance. Commitments, agreements and contracts between teaching artists on the Roster and any other organization are private and outside the scope of Lifetime Arts services.
Already a Creative Aging Roster Artist?
Update Your Profile
Log in here to update your profile!
Forgot your password or username?
Contact Nathan Majoros at 914-355-2304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.